Meet Ian Brendel, AV Rated Preeminent® Martindale-Hubbell® Lawyer
- Thomas Jones School of Law – Montgomery, Alabama, JD
- University of South Alabama – Mobile, Alabama, BA-Political Science
• Best Paper – Conflicts of Law
- ALEXANDER SHUNNARAH GULF COAST, LLP – Gulf Coast, United States of America
Ian Brendel, one of our “Of Counsel” attorneys, was co-trial counsel in a case tried to verdict in the 19th Judicial District Court in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana that resulted in a $2,529,229.00 verdict for the Plaintiff. Ian was featured as co-trial counsel for the Plaintiff in the April 2016 Mississippi Jury Verdict Reporter in one of the “Notable Verdicts.” The case involved a college athlete who sustained permanent physical and psychological injury after suffering a heat stroke after a discipline run conducted by the athlete’s coaches in violation of University and NCAA rules. The highest official pre-trial offer by the Defendants was $125,000.00.
Ian is licensed to practice in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Tennessee. His application for admission to the Georgia Bar Association is pending. Ian is often associated by Alexander Shunnarah & Associates to assist with their litigation matters in their Gulfport, Mobile and Atlanta offices. Since 2007, Ian has tried jury trials to verdicts in over a dozen cases in state and federal courts in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. He has also previously represented Defendants in civil cases, which given him insight on how to prepare for trial and maximize the value of his client’s cases.
Ian was rated by his peers in 2016 as AV Preeminent® Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™ for the following practice areas: Personal Injury, Industrial Accidents and Criminal Law. An AV Preeminent® rating is a significant rating accomplishment, and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Ian lived in Mobile after graduating from the University of South Alabama, and worked at a downtown Mobile law firm. He enrolled in law school in 2004, and graduated in 2007. Ian began his practice on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 2007, shortly after Hurricane Katrina devastated the area. After working for a small firm in Gulfport for 3 years, he opened up his own practice, while working with other firms in New Orleans on an “of counsel” basis. He has garnered experience working cases in numerous states and in numerous practice areas. Ian resides in Baldwin County, Alabama, and has one daughter.