- University of Mississippi School of Law – Oxford,Mississippi, JD
- University of South Alabama – Mobile, Alabama, BA
• Trial Board
• Law School Student Body Association
• Student Bar Association
• Pre-Law & Government Assn., Founder/President
• Interfraternity Council, President
• Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, President
• Student Government Assn., Legal Affairs Chair
- ALEXANDER SHUNNARAH GULF COAST, LLP – Gulfport, Mississippi
- JACKSON COUNTY CHANCERY COURT – Jackson County, Mississippi – Honorable Jay Bradley, G. Charles Bordis IV, Neil Harris
- JACKSON COUNTY PROSECUTOR MARK WATTS – Jackson County, Mississippi
- FAMILY LAW CLINIC – Oxford, Mississippi
Judicial Law Clerk
Researched, drafted, and reviewed legal memoranda and documents, prepared materials for trial, discussed cases, evidence, and research with Judges while recommending outcomes that would lead to an equitable result.
Conducted trials by interviewing witnesses, submitting evidence, performing cross-examinations, and making closing arguments leading to the guilt and prosecution of both civil and criminal offenders.
Provided direct services to individuals needing representation in family matters including child and spousal support, domestic violence, and custody and visitation. Interviewed and counseled clients. Conducted research. Drafted legal memoranda and documents.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Dean’s List
- President’s List
- Gamma Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Order of Omega Honor Society
- Psi Chi Honor Society
In 2005 John’s life took an abrupt turn. Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast region, taking with it everything John had come to know and love. He watched as the community around him struggled to rebuild their lives. Much of his family and close friends were left with nothing but a slab where their house once stood and they needed someone to turn to after having been denied insurance coverage. He became fascinated by the arguments for and against insurance coverage of the wreckage. John felt the impact attorney’s have on society firsthand and witnessed their ability to help change lives and stand up for those in times of need. It was then that he decided he wanted to become one.
John returned to South Alabama with his new found interest and inspiration. He excelled in his academics and learned invaluable skills through his various leadership roles. After college, John attended the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he again excelled academically and honed his courtroom skills through his active participation on Trial Board.
After graduating, John met James T. Laura Jr., the managing partner of Alexander Shunnarah Gulf Coast. He was immediately drawn to Jay’s explanation of the philosophy of the firm and felt a personal connection with their passion to represent those in times of need. John knew this was what he wanted to do. He now works for the firm and demands the most of himself while representing individuals against the powerful to help their wrong be righted.
John is an avid outdoorsman, who enjoys fishing, camping, and boating. He participates in sailing regattas regularly and is currently working towards obtaining his pilot’s license.