Damian Zimmerman, Florida Licensed Associate
- Florida State University College of Law – Tallahassee, FL, JD
- American University, Washington, DC – MA – International Affairs
- University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany – Journalism, Political Science
• Cum Laude
• Dean’s List
• Brian D. O’Neill Book Award in Administrative Law
- ALEXANDER SHUNNARAH GULF COAST, LLP – Pensacola, Florida
- OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER, FIRST JUDICIAL CIRCUIT – Pensacola, Florida
- ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY, ZARZAUR LAW, P.A., Pensacola, Florida
- LAW CLERK, GALLOWAY, JOHNSON, TOMPKINS, BURR & SMITH, P.A. – Pensacola, Florida
- LAW CLERK, BOZEMAN, JENKINS & MATTHEWS, P.A. – Pensacola, Florida
- LAW CLERK, GUARDIAN AD LITEM, SECOND JUDICIAL CIRCUIT, Tallahassee, Florida
- LAW CLERK, FIRST DISTRICT COURT OF APPEALS, Tallahassee, Florida
Damian manages the Florida caseload for the Pensacola, Florida office. He handles a variety of civil cases including personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation, medical and professional malpractice, and products liability. Damian is also an experienced criminal defense attorney and has a well-deserved reputation for fighting for his clients. Damian works aggressively and creatively to solve tough challenges and to maximize the settlement value of his cases. Damian relies on his strong case management skills and substantial trial experience to achieve successful outcomes for all of his clients. Damian is passionate about providing excellent service for his clients.
Damian has extensive criminal defense trial experience. Damian has handled a variety of misdemeanor, felony and juvenile cases. Damian gained a reputation for boldly taking on even the toughest cases, including capital charges such as First Degree Murder and Sexual Battery.
Practice areas included personal injury, products liability and consumer fraud. Damian drafted pleadings, discovery and dispositive motions. He managed case intake, investigations, depositions, hearings and pre-suit matters.
Damian also has experience in civil defense which is an asset in handling plaintiff’s matters. Damian has experience in insurance defense, labor and employment law, admiralty/maritime matters, restrictive covenants, construction law, minimum wage and EEOC claims, injunctions, wrongful death defense, and workers’ compensation matters.
Practice areas: Insurance defense, workers’ compensation, personal injury defense, property defense, and product liability defense. Drafted discovery, pleadings and motions.
Served as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Legal Intern. Worked as a Guardian ad Litem attorney in Dependency Court hearings, mediations and Unified Family Court proceedings.
Prepared case summaries, legal memoranda and assisted in the drafting of opinions. Reviewed appellate briefs and record. Observed oral argument and judicial conferences.